Worldpostcards.com - Grading of Postcard Page
Grading of Postcards
We use the Same Grading for Oldpostcards.com, USpostcards.com and Worldpostcards.com
We base our Grading of Postcards on condition of corners, edges, creases and cleanliness of cards. We do not lower grade for writing on card or being postal used though we do mention it in most cases on grades 1 & 2
- Grade 1 - Mint Condition
- These postcards have perfect or nearly perfect corners and edges. Postcards of this grade may be postal used or unused and may have writing on front and / or back. There may be light yellowing from age or from being in an album.
- Grade 2 - Near Mint Condition
- Postcards of this grade have very light corner and / or edge wear. These postcards are still in nice condition. Postcards of this grade may be postal used or unused and may have writing on front and / or back. There may be light yellowing from age or from being in an album.
- Grade 3 - Excellent Condition
- Average condition postcards have more corner and / or edge wear than Grade 2. Corners may have a lot of wear or roundness from wear. These cards may also have a lot of yellowing from age or from being in an album. Very tips of cards may have slight indentations from wear. There are no creases in the card at this grade.
- Grade 4 - Average Condition
- These postcards have a light crease or creases. Some may have light corner wear and / or yellowing from age or from being in an album.
- Grade 5 - Poor Condition
- These postcards have faults such as a missing corner, heavy corner and / or heavy edge wear or a tear. There may be many creases in cards.
We have provided this form as a quick an easy means of contact for those who are looking to sell a collection, need to request or have questions about specific cards, or Use it to drop us a line, its a bit more convenient than e-mail.